Good Afternoon AmPark Family,
It has been determined by NYC Test and Trace that the school building/campus will remain closed until February 18, 2021. For the remainder of this week, instruction will take place remotely for all students. Please read the letter from the Situation Room outlining the 10 day closure posted below.
Please be reminded that this decision is not one that we make on the school level. Per DOE and DOH protocol, school administration (myself, Kelly, Mr. Davis) reports potential cases and confirmed cases of COVID-19 to the Situation Room. Test and Trace investigates through contact tracing from there. It is their decision, based upon extensive investigations of confirmed cases, that ultimately determines closure and reopening. I am very sorry for the disruption that I know this closure causes for our students and all of our community.
With love and wishes that you all stay safe AmPark,
Subject: 10 Day Bldg Closure Due to Multiple Confirmed Cases
Dear AmPark Families:
I’m writing to inform you that following an initial 24 hour closure of our school building, the NYC Test + Trace Corps (T2) and the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) have determined that the building must remain closed through 2/18/2021.
Below you will find guidance that reflects the expertise of the DOHMH, the New York City Department of Education (DOE) and T2.
What Happens Now?
● The school building will remain closed through 2/18/2021, and all teaching and learning will continue remotely. Staff and students may return to school on 2/19/2021.
● Anyone with a positive COVID-19 test will not return to the school until they are no longer infectious.
● Close contacts of the person who tested positive have been notified, and will continue their 10-day quarantine period. If additional close contacts are identified, they will also be instructed to quarantine for 10 days.
How Do We Stay Healthy?
Please remember to follow these important “Core Four” actions to prevent COVID-19 transmission:
1. Stay home if sick (except to get essential medical care, including COVID-19 testing).
2. Practice social distancing: Stay at least 6 feet away from people who are not members of your household.
3. Wear a face covering to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
4. Practice healthy hand hygiene: Wash your hands often or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer; avoid touching your face; and cover your cough or sneeze with your arm, not your hands.
How can I stay updated?
We will continue to closely follow directions from public health experts, and proactively update you on any measures we are taking. To ensure we can reach you via text and email, please create a New York City Schools Account (NYCSA) as soon as possible by visiting schools.nyc.gov/nycsa.
To help New Yorkers quarantine, the NYC Test + Trace Corps partners with community-based organizations to connect individuals to resources like food, medicine, and health care. To connect with resources, you can call 1-212-COVID19 (212-268-4319).
For additional information on COVID-19, visit schools.nyc.gov/coronavirus or call 311.
Kelly Lennon Fitzpatrick