Good Evening AmPark Families,
We have heard from many of you who are excited to take the opportunity to have your child(ren) vaccinated at the pop up site that will be held at PS/MS 95 this Wednesday. We're excited too! All students in grades K-5 brought home paper copies of the letter and consent form below.
Please be aware that the PS/MS 95 Pop Up Vaccination Site will be open to our AmPark community from 12:30pm to 4:00pm, this Wednesday November 10th, 2021. To utilize this site, please bring your completed consent form to AmPark to pick up your child. We will have friendly members of our AmPark Building Response Team available to escort you over to 95, to the vaccination site.
Additionally, there will be another site at the PS 95 Annex at the Workman's Circle building from 7:00am to 11:00am earlier that morning, which is open to the entire community as well and available to you should earlier hours be preferred.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can members of the community get the vaccine at my pop-up vaccination site?
· Only students ages 5-11 can obtain the first dose of the vaccine at the pop-up site.
· Anyone age 12 and up can visit vaccinefinder.nyc.gov to choose from hundreds of sites across the city offering appointments or walk-up vaccines at no cost.
Will the provider return to the school for the second dose?
· No. The provider will refer families to a local vaccine site for students to receive their second dose.
· All necessary paperwork will be given to the parent/client at the time of first dose.
How does the provider obtain consent?
· Students ages 5-11 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, or by an adult designated by the parent or guardian, while receiving their vaccine. This requirement is outlined in the Vaccine Family Letter and schools should accommodate parent and guardian admission to the vaccine site to accompany their student.
· If the student is accompanied by an adult who is not the parent or guardian, the vaccine provider must obtain verbal consent from the parent or guardian by phone at the time of vaccination.
· There is no consent form option for vaccination of students ages 5-11, as they must be accompanied by the parent, legal guardian, or adult designated by the parent or guardian at the time of vaccination.
Does the parent/guardian need to fill out the visitor screening in order to enter the building?
· Yes, the parent/guardian accompanying the student to the vaccination site should adhere to the DOE’s Visitor Policy and Protocol for Visitors.
· Any individual accompanying their child to get vaccinated against COVID-19 at a DOE vaccine site is not required to show proof of vaccination in order to enter the building for this purpose. Please inform your School Safety Agent of this visitor vaccine mandate exemption.