December 18th Owl Blog
The photos and memories shared from your Snow Celebrations gave us a warm and toasty feeling on a cold day! It was beautiful to see so many families taking part in the fun together. We cannot wait to showcase your submissions in our virtual gallery! We had so many! From how-tos, to gingerbread houses, snow people, sledding, indoor forts, virtual snowflakes - the fun looked endless! In advance of our virtual exhibit, be sure to check out our padlet to see what our AmPark Owls were up to. https://padlet.com/klennon5/44u1d1n7yfq6ntbv
Thank you for sharing your day with your AmPark family. Here are a few highlights…
Middle School Admissions
The Middle School Enrollment Office will continue to share additional information and resources in the coming weeks.
· The middle school application will open during the week of January 11, 2021. Families and school staff will be notified when the application opens.
· The deadline for families to submit their middle school application will be the week of February 8, 2021.
· Middle school offers will be available to families and school staff in the spring.
· As announced by city and agency leadership, DOE public middle schools will use an open admissions method this year. This means that programs will pause on screening, or using applicants’ academic records, auditions, or other assessments to evaluate or admit students. This will affect programs with a screened, composite score, or talent test admissions method. If a school has more applicants than available seats, offers will be made using priority groups (when applicable) and random selection (a lottery).
· Dual Language programs that previously screened will rank applicants based on ELL data. Academic information will not be used.
Communicating with Families
· All 5th grade families who have created their MySchools account or signed up for admissions alerts will receive an email with the update to admissions methods.
Kindergarten Admissions Reminder:
Beginning Thursday, December 10th, children born in 2016 can apply to kindergarten for the 2021-22 school year.
The application deadline is Tuesday, January 19, 2021. All families who apply by the deadline will receive a kindergarten offer in April.
All families should participate in kindergarten admissions, including children currently attending pre-K, students with disabilities, English Language Learners, and students with accessibility needs.
MySchools.nyc includes an online directory tool that allows families to explore program choices, save programs of interest and submit their application, all on the same site.
Families can apply to Kindergarten in two ways, online at MySchools and over the phone by calling 718-935-2009. Additionally, you can share the attached flyer with your families about the Kindergarten application.
AmPark will hold a virtual open house for prospective families on Thursday, January 7th at 7 p.m. We encourage all PK families interested in Kindergarten at AmPark to please join us. The session will be recorded for families that are unable to attend.
Open House: Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 840 8782 3008
New Hybrid Schedule for January
All hybrid families should have now received emails letting them know about your child’s new cohort (if it has changed) as we move to Model 1 in the new year. The schedule is below and you can find them on the Calendar page, as well as on the 2020 Re-Opening page, here on our website.
Comments are closed.